Routine well child visits are scheduled at regular intervals based on the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations as follows:
- In the first year of life: 2-5 days old, 2 weeks old, 2 months old, 4 months old, 6 months old, 9 months old, & 12 months old
- In the second year of life: 15 months old, 18 months old, & 2 years old
- In the third year of life: 2 ½ years old & 3 years old
- Annually: for all children ages 4 years through 18 years old
- Comprehensive health history and physical examination
- Routine screening tests
- Growth and development assessment
- Nutrition evaluation and advice
- Behavioral assessment and guidance
- Sleep discussion and plan
- Parenting questions and concerns
- Childhood safety
- Anticipatory guidance
- Vaccine consultation and administration
- Sports physicals
Mindful Pediatrics can generally accommodate our patients with same day sick or urgent appointments during our regular office hours.
We offer the following in office testing:
- Strep Throat
- Influenza (flu)
- Bilirubin (for jaundice)
We also can address minor injuries and perform stitches.
& Diagnostic Dilemmas
Understanding and treating complicated illness can be very challenging. We believe we must see both “the trees and the forest” to find the cause of an unusual or longstanding illness. We have an unwavering determination and commitment to solving your child’s difficulties.
Mindful Pediatrics utilizes many different Functional Medicine tests to help get at the root of the problem:
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis
- SIBO testing
- Food Allergy and Sensitivity Testing
- Nutrient Analysis
- And more
We also support our patients by coordinating and connecting the family with the appropriate referrals and therapies for their child when needed. Each family and child requires a personalized approach.
Some of the areas we specialize in include:
- Autoimmune Disease: Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA), Inflammatory Bowel Disease, PANDAS, Diabetes, Celiac Disease
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Environmental allergies
- Digestive problems: reflux (GERD), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), colic, constipation, diarrhea, recurrent abdominal pain, encopresis and stool withholding
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Mood Disorders: anxiety, depression, bipolar
- Recurrent and frequent illness and infections
- Recurrent fever syndromes
- Headaches, migraines
- Immune system evaluation and support
- Autism, Sensory Integration issues (Dr. Roy completed DAN Training)
- Sleep disorders, sleep training, insomnia
- Behavioral problems
- PANDAS, PANS, and other Strep related complications
Many confusing and controversial issues are associated with the decision about whether or not to vaccinate your child. There seems to be two opposing sides, both of which seem to be backed up by “scientific” data.
In our experience, vaccines seem to be well tolerated by healthy children in the short run. That being said, we believe it is far too complicated to evaluate the real long-term impact at this time. For this reason, we are cautious.
We believe that one size does not fit all and that a vaccination schedule should be tailored to a specific child’s exposure and risk. We use evidence-based research to help guide our patients and their family’s decisions.