As a kid, I loved fudgsicles! I recently set out to create my own version that was dairy free and low in natural sugar using only coconut milk, raw cacao, and raw honey. We all loved them but Roy insisted they were more “icicles” than “fudgesicles”, as they lacked creaminess. With the addition of a ripe avocado, the creaminess was there! Plus, what mom doesn’t love it when she can successfully hide an avocado in dessert 🙂
1 (13.5 oz) can of full fat coconut milk
1 small-size ripe avocado (or 1/2 of a large avocado)
heaping 1/3 cup raw cacao powder (you can substitute cocoa powder but it will be more bitter)
3 Tbsp. raw honey (best honey ever!)
shredded coconut or grated dark chocolate (optional)
- In a vitamix or other high powered blender, combine the coconut milk, avocado, raw cacao powder, and honey until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
- Either “cap” with the popsicle mold stick or add a layer of shredded coconut or dark chocolate before setting a wooden popsicle stick into the center (as pictured).
- Place in freezer until set.
- To remove you may need to run warm water on the mold for a few seconds. Enjoy!