Cleansing is a major part of most traditional cultures, although largely ignored by today’s Western medical community. It is a time to renew better eating and living habits, rest our digestive systems, rejuvenate our health and vitality, and clear our minds of clutter. I have always loved cleansing and have experimented with several types. I always feel lighter, brighter, and renewed as a result.
However, over the last several years, my third child was born and Mindful Pediatrics increased its demands on my time and I found it hard to make the time to regularly cleanse. During these years I often felt the pull to cleanse, but always made excuses to put it off until another time. Unfortunately this took its toll on my body, mind, and spirit. Although I maintained good fitness, I found myself slowly gaining weight, losing some of my energy and vitality, feeling sluggish, getting frustrated more easily, and actually developing digestive problems for the first time in my life. This was the red flag I needed to start putting more energy and focus towards my health and stress level. A cleanse was in order…..and Debbie and I both set out to do one. The results have been life changing.
So what are the results that I personally experienced (and that you can anticipate)?
- I have lost 20 pounds in 2-3 months and kept it off. I lost 7-8 lbs just in the first 2-3 weeks. I basically weigh the same as I did when I graduated high school 25 years ago……and I have my “six pack” back (which feels great)! (On a side note, Debbie who has no weight to lose, has maintained her normal weight with exactly the same diet andlifestyle changes.)
- I have improved and sustained energy since kicking my love/hate relationship with caffeine and sugar.
- My sleep is fantastic!
- I am enjoying mountain biking and running even more now that I have 20 pounds less to carry uphill.
- I have gotten more compliments on my appearance in the last 2 months than I did in the last few years combined. Although better health was my goal, a little positive reinforcement never hurts:)
- I eat slowly, mindfully, and chew my food well. I no longer overeat.
- My stomach aches have completely resolved and my other GI problems are resolving.
- Ultimately for me the biggest result is that I felt and feel that I am positively contributing to my health and wellbeing. I am living in greater alignment with my ideals and beliefs. This has supported and advanced my meditation and spiritual practice.
This is why I have decided to continue many of the habits I committed to during my cleanse, and ultimately why Debbie and I decided to share the experience with all of you.
Please join us by signing up for a supported and transformative 3-week cleanse and “clean-eating” challenge. We can’t wait to hear about the wonderful results YOU experience from yours.
Details are below. Space is limited.
A 21- day Supported Group Cleanse & “Clean-Start” Challenge with Dr. Roy & Debbie Steinbock: beginning January 12, 2016
Traditionally, Winter is a time to build and strengthen. As it gets darker out we go inward, allowing us to access deeper parts of ourselves. Because of this introspective nature, Winter can be a good time to introduce new habits.
In January, we’ve not only had the excesses of the Holidays, but we’ve also had space and time to reflect and contemplate the previous year and what we may want for ourselves in the New Year.
This cleanse is designed to give you a “clean-start” after the Holidays, to practice new habits if you need them (it takes 21-days to create a habit), or simply get the support you need to more fully realize your health goals for 2016.
We will start the New Year with a program that brings attention to the foundations of our health. We will build and strengthen our bodies with seasonally appropriate foods. We will lighten our toxic burdens by giving our livers and colons supportive foods, beverages, and supplements/herbs.
What You Get with The Clean in ’16 Program:
Three (2-hour) meetings facilitated by Dr. Roy & Debbie Steinbock
Detailed food cleanse instructional booklet
Delicious recipes, snack ideas, and weekly sample menu
Specially selected supplement regimen, to support cleansing/repairing at a deeper level
Support and accountability from others participating in the cleanse
Daily email support-from your facilitators and/or peers
And everything else you will need to support your cleanse!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Diet: The food portion of the cleanse will include seasonally appropriate foods: lean animal proteins, vegetables, beans, gluten free whole grains, some fruits and some natural low-glycemic sweeteners (optional). We will be limiting “extreme foods” such as caffeine, sugar, and alcohol, as well as inflammatory foods, refined flours, and refined foods in general.
We will be discussing “eating with the seasons” and how our diets should change as we enter these colder months ahead.
Supplements: The supplements will include a gentle liver cleanser, digestive repair, and elimination support. We encourage taking the supplements, although it is not required. Supplements are an additional cost.
Support: Three (2-hr) meetings throughout the 21 days, with an option to communicate via email with the whole group between meetings.
THE DATES & DETAILS:
Meeting #1: Tuesday January 12th, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Detailed diet instructions for the food cleanse, including recipes and menu
- Detailed instructions for (optional) supplement regimen
- Discussion about adequate hydration & seasonal eating for Winter
- Establish peer groups and connect with fellow-cleansers
- Question and answer time
Meeting #2: Tuesday January 19th, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Check-in about your diet and supplements (and any symptoms) after the first few days of your cleanse
- Discussion about “clean” living and mindfulness practices
- Additional support for each participant to discuss needs/concerns
- Question and answer time
Meeting #3: Tuesday February 2nd, 6:30-8:30 pm (there is no meeting on Tuesday January 26th)
- Detailed instruction on coming off of the cleanse and how to maintain all your good work!
- Next phase diet and supplements (optional)
- Support and inspiration
- Question and answer time
The Path of the Heart Sanctuary: 1025 Rosewood Ave., Suite 200 in North Boulder
REGISTRATION & POLICIES:
For questions about the cleanse, please visit our FAQ page first. If your question was not answered there, feel free to contact Debbie at 303.938.1468 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, please contact our office manager Gretchen at 303.318.4102. If you get our Voice Mail, please leave her a message (instead of calling back again) and she will return your call when she has a slow moment at the office :).
Registration/cancellation: Due to the limited space in this program, registration is on a first-come basis. Once you enroll and we secure your space, fees are non-refundable. In the event you can’t attend, your space is transferable. (Think of it like buying a concert ticket: if you cannot attend the concert, you can chose to give away or sell your ticket, but you will not be refunded.)
To register with any group of 2 or more at the discounted rate, payment for each participant in your group must be received at the same time. We are happy to charge each persons’ credit card individually, but we ask that you have all participants’ payment information available when you call to register.
HERE’S WHAT FORMER CLEANSERS HAD TO SAY:
“I’ve experienced a decrease in my seasonal allergies since the last cleanse. Usually my allergies last all the way through October, even until the first snows. Since the cleanse this summer I’ve needed much less allergy medicine and at the end of September my allergy symptoms just stopped!”
“It felt so good to drink more water that it’s really been quite easy for me to continue drinking more water since the last cleanse. I’ve also been incorporating more fruits and veggies in my diet without much effort. It’s not up to where I want it to be but it’s about two-thirds there. Could that alone be accounting for my better energy and sleep? Come to think of it my stomach is working better now too!”
“I did it! I quit coffee! I’m still drinking mate and tea but I’ll know when I’m ready to back off of those too. Since the cleanse, I can actually imagine a life without caffeine! And I’m heading in that direction. Slowly but surely!”