We are LOVING peaches right now! The kind of love that equates to a trip to the Farmers Market for a box each week 😉
This is the second peach recipe I’ve posted this summer. If you missed our Peach Cobbler with Biscuit Topping recipe, you can find that one here.
Now I want to introduce you to grilled peaches…
This amazingly simple recipe transforms an already magical snack into a decadent dessert in a matter of minutes! The heat from the grill warms the peach until it becomes even more tender, more juicy and oh-so-sweet. My mouth waters just thinking about them!
This recipe works best with peaches that are “just ripe”—not overly juicy and falling apart. They hold up to the grill better that way.
We have made this recipes many times as a dessert. These peaches can be served as a stand-alone treat, and that is how I personally like them best. Roy enjoys them with his favorite ice cream, while Mia prefers them with a drizzle of maple syrup.
As an accompaniment to a meal, we have also served grilled peaches alongside a simple balsamic grilled chicken and wilted greens.
Sadly, peach season won’t last forever, so I hope you take advantage of this gift from nature while peaches are at their peak!
by Debbie Steinbock
4-6 large peaches, halved and pitted
olive oil, for brushing
1. Light the grill to medium-high heat.
2. Halve and pit the peaches by running a sharp knife along each peach’s seam to halve them; then remove the pit.
3. Generously brush each peach’s cut side with olive oil.
4. Place the peaches cut-side down on the grill and cook undisturbed until grill marks appear and the peaches are soft, 8-10 minutes.
5. Serve the grilled peaches as a stand-alone dessert, with vanilla ice cream, or as an accompaniment to grilled meat and vegetables.