Mindful Pediatrics is looking for an outgoing, responsible, and dependable Medical Receptionist / Office Manager with both strong multitasking and administrative skills. Our practice is a small but busy Medical office, consisting of a Pediatrician, a Physician Assistant and a Nutrition Counselor.
The ideal candidate for this position has a positive, “do-what-it-takes” attitude and the ability to switch gears quickly and frequently. As the first person who patients interact with, our Medical Receptionist is instrumental in helping patients feel at ease and have a positive experience. A caring, cheerful, “people-person” disposition is a must.
OUR UNIQUE PATIENT POPULATION
We truly work with the most amazing families! Because of our holistic approach, we have a self-selecting population that is very dedicated to the health and well-being of their children. As health care providers, it is really a dream to work with this clientele. Our families expect a lot from us but are also some of the best people we know.
Keeping ourselves and our small staff healthy is a major priority. We have not and will not be seeing any COVID-19 patients or respiratory illness in our office. We believe that we can serve our families better by providing a safe space to bring their children for all their other healthcare needs. In addition, we are predominantly practicing telemedicine currently. We take universal precautions for the patients that do come into the office.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Answering phones & scheduling appointments
- Collecting patient payments
- Maintaining & creating patient medical records and contacts
- Inventory & ordering of nutritional supplements, office and medical supplies
- Working on various office projects, including keeping procedural manual up-to-date
- Daily cleaning
- Acting as a liaison between patients and providers such as: communicating providers’ answers to patients’ questions, instructing patients about tests and procedures, calling in prescriptions and lab orders…
- Rooming patients
- An interest in some clinical assisting is a plus: potential for training to take vitals and weights, administering vaccines, performing strep swabs and flu testing, urinalysis, assisting with minor medical procedures…
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS
- Exceptional customer service, people & communication skills
- Highly organized & strong attention to detail
- Computer literacy & the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent multitasking & problem-solving abilities
- Thrives on responsibility & self-motivated
- Enjoys working independently & as part of a team
- Must have a reliable car to get to work & for minimal local errands
THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION
Our office is open Monday-Friday between 9 AM and 6 PM. Must be available to work as early as 8:30 AM and as late as 6:00 PM. Exact hours will be determined as the interview process advances.
Salary based on relevant past experience.
Please email us and include these 5 items:
1. A paragraph about yourself, including why you are interested in this position
2. Resume & current references
3. Two-year past salary history or current Salary Requirement
4. The days & times you would be available for a phone interview
5. Your available start date