Well-Child Care Appointments & Consultations
For Well-Child Appointments we will be using a two-part process that was recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). This process will both maximize direct availability and engagement with our providers while minimizing unnecessary physical exposure and risk to both our patients/families and staff.
- Part one consists of a Telemedicine phone call or video chat, as we have already been doing successfully for the last two and a half months. During this time, we will get a good medical history, address any concerns that you have, and come up with a comprehensive holistic health plan.
- Part two will be scheduled either later the same day or within a few days (depending on need and availability) to complete an in-person physical exam at our office. There is no additional fee for this.
While we believe our office environment is very safe and we have always practiced universal precautions (which assumes every patient may have a communicable illness), we are still offering telemedicine-only appointments for those who prefer that.
We would highly encourage all children under the age of two and anyone with physical concerns to come into the office for a physical exam. In addition, we have been informed by the AAP that all sports physicals will require an exam to be considered valid.
Catch-Up Exams for Those Who Have Already Done Telemedicine Appointments
We are now available to do catch up physical exams for anyone who has previously done a telemedicine Well Care Appointment. Again, we would highly encourage all children under the age of two and anyone with physical concerns to come in for a physical exam. In addition, all sports physicals will require an exam to be considered valid.
If you would like to schedule a catch-up exam, please call our office by June 30th. However, if you prefer to not do a physical exam for this Well Child period, we will honor that as well.
Please Don’t Delay
Since most of you are staying local for the summer, this is a great time to get in for your Well Child Care. Our schedules are filling up quickly and remember that most schools, camps, and sports require a doctor’s note for participation. We anticipate that we will be very booked this Summer and in the Fall.
Please remember that Mindful Pediatrics requires that your child is up to date on their Well Child Care to be considered a regular patient and to have our providers on call for you 24 hours a day.
Lab & Follow-Up Appointments
Telemedicine appointments are still preferred for lab follow up and appointments that do not require a physical exam. Telemedicine appointments are required for patients exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or those who have traveled outside Colorado or on airlines in the past 2 weeks.
Our front office will screen all patients and families with a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to scheduling an in-office appointment.
Sick & Urgent Appointments
We will be offering both in person and telemedicine appointments for urgent issues based on need. Simply call the office as you always have, and we will help you decide what is best for you and your child.
How In-Office Appointment Will Work
- We will have a virtual waiting room – otherwise known as your cozy car; you choose the music and set the temperature 😊
- When you arrive, please call the front desk to notify us that you are here and remain in your car until we let you know we are ready for you to come in. As always, our patients will be taken directly to an exam room.
- Face masks are required for each patient (ideally those over 2-years of age) and the parent accompanying them. Due to state and city regulations, we ask that only the patient(s) and one parent accompany them to their appointment. Of course, infants under 1-year are welcome to tag along if necessary (although it is better to leave siblings home, if possible).
For Everyone’s Comfort & Safety During In-Office Appointments
- Prepare your child for what they will expect to see: masks, gloves, glasses or a face shield if your child is ill
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the office
- Please bring your child their own toys or entertainment, if necessary
- It is REQUIRED that you bring your own mask for you and your child(ren)
- Bring gloves if you prefer to wear them (this is not necessarily recommended and not required)
Cleaning & Distancing
- Our office is cleaned regularly and has used universal precautions since the day we opened our doors
- Exam rooms and bathrooms are cleaned with medical grade Cavicide between each patient
- New air purifiers in each exam room and our waiting room
- Hand sanitizer is available in each room for your convenience
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME to help us maintain this schedule.
Check Out & Payment
Once your appointment is complete, you will remain in your private room until our front office staff will come in to review your plan, see if you need any supplements, and collect payment.
Curbside Supplement Pick-Up
For those of you who need a refill on supplements, we will continue to do contactless curbside supplement pick up. Simply call the front office and we will take your order, payment, and package your goods to be ready for pick up at your convenience.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have.