These muffin-pan mini quiches have been a go-to recipe of mine for years! They make a great breakfast or brunch recipe—as well as a fun finger-food to take along to parties (think: Mother’s Day brunch, baby showers, birthday parties). They refrigerate and freeze beautifully, so they are also a perfect make-ahead breakfast recipe for busy mornings.
These quiches can be put together with so many different ingredients to suit the tastes of whoever you are making them for. They are so simple to make, that you can make a double batch and use a different combination of ingredients in each!
Experiment with the following:
Greens: spinach, kale, collards, arugula
Other veggies: broccoli, mushroom, tomato, bell peppers
Proteins: Manchego cheese, bacon, sausage
As long as you keep the general proportions, mix and match as you wish!
Muffin-Pan Mini Quiche Cups
by Debbie Steinbock
2 cups leafy greens—spinach, kale, collards, etc.—torn into 1-inch pieces
5 medium-large eggs
½ cup vegetable: artichoke hearts, broccoli, tomato, etc. diced into small pieces
¾ cup shredded Manchego cheese (optional)
½ tsp. garlic flakes
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam the leafy greens by placing them in a small pan with a little water until they become soft; drain any excess water from the greens (and cut them into smaller pieces if necessary).
- Beat the eggs and place them in a medium bowl.
- Add the steamed leafy greens, diced vegetable(s) of your choice, shredded Manchego cheese (optional), and garlic flakes, salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups; divide the quiche mixture evenly among the cups. This recipe generally makes around 10.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean.
- You can refrigerate or freeze and re-warm.