If you had asked us a year ago what 2020 would look like at Mindful Family Medicine, these past eight or nine months are not what we would have predicted. We would have told you that we were steadily growing and would continue to expand and serve the needs of more individuals and families in our community. We were talking about hiring more providers and moving to a larger office space.
Instead 2020 forced us to confront many difficult questions and decisions. We struggled with how to continue to deliver essential medical services, how to sustain our employee’s careers, how to connect with those new to our practice from behind a telephone, video or a mask, and most importantly, how to best ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and at-risk loved ones.
And while unfortunately none of us are on the other side of this pandemic quite yet, we still want to take this time to say Thank You.
We truly wouldn’t be where we are now without your continued loyalty and support. We want to thank each and every one of you for being a part of our lives and our community.
We feel so grateful that we have so many clients who we call our friends, employees that are both dedicated and flexible, and an office space that has always been our second home.
Whatever your plans (or no plans!) are this Holiday Season, we wish you ongoing strength, happiness and good health.
With gratitude and appreciation,
Dr. Roy & Debbie Steinbock
New Office Policies as of November 16, 2020
With almost 200,000 new Covid-19 cases daily in the United States, and the arrival of winter and all it brings, we are possibly heading towards a second stay-at-home order here in Colorado. Once again, we are asked to make some adjustments to our office policies.
Sick & Urgent Medical Advice/Appointments
Over the last 8-9 months we have smoothly transitioned to telemedicine for almost all our sick and urgent medical appointments. While there are some limitations to this approach, we have largely found this to be very effective and useful. We have prevented many ER visits and hopefully helped many of you to sleep better at night knowing that we are still here for you as we have always been.
Due to limited availability of appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) we have been advised to not see any respiratory illness or do any aerosolizing procedure (like strep test or flu tests) at our office.
Effective immediately ALL sick and urgent medical questions will be addressed with a telemedicine appointment.
If during that appointment a physical exam is deemed necessary and safe, we will schedule an in-person appointment as soon as possible and at a small additional fee.
Well Child Care Appointments
- Infants and children less than 2 years old: We will continue to offer in-office appointments for all Well Child Care for children less than 2 years old. If you are not comfortable coming in to the office, we can discuss a telemedicine option on a case by case basis.
- Children older than 2 years: All Well Child Care appointments for children over the age of 2 years old will be done through telemedicine. If an exam is deemed necessary during that appointment, we will arrange a time for you to come in for that exam at no additional charge.
New Patient Appointments
All new patient appointments will be scheduled in two parts. Part one will be for history and information gathering; this part will be done via telemedicine. Part two will be an in-person physical exam.
Consultations for Complex & Chronic Issues
We have always offered phone appointments for complex cases and chronic issues and we would encourage those who need consultations for new or chronic issues to schedule a telemedicine appointment. These appointments are generally scheduled for behavioral issues, anxiety, depression, sleep issues, digestive disorders and more.
Debbie has been working solely by telephone since March of 2020. She is a pro at this and has worked with clients all over the world for 15+ years! She is also available to help support you and your family’s needs during this time. You can reach Debbie at email@example.com or directly at 303.938.1468.
Supplement Pick-Up Options
- Curbside supplement pick-up: Our office currently still has an abundance of supplements stocked to support you through this time! Call 303.318.4102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you need. We will get your order ready and arrange a pick-up for you during our regular office hours.
- Shop our online stores: We have two online store that will deliver supplements directly to your doorstep. Shipping is free on all orders over $49. Click here to shop our Fullscript and Xymogen stores.
Upcoming Holiday Office Hours
Our office will be closed the following days for the upcoming holidays:
- Thanksgiving: Thursday November 26th and Friday November 27th
- Christmas: Friday December 25th
- New Year’s: Friday January 1st
For Mindful Pediatrics patients: as always, please call the main office number 303.318.4102 and your call will be directed to our on-call provider.