I am going to make two statements and I imagine many of you might relate.
- We have been craving some “comfort” foods over these unprecedented last several months.
- We have been looking for ways to occupy our kids in new and creative ways. Every. Single. Day. 🙂
Well, this new and DELICIOUS crepe recipe has certainly checked off both those boxes at our house!
We were gifted a crepe pan a few years back and had yet to use it. Our 9-year old found it one day and we began our mission to make a gluten and dairy free crepe that tasted great—and was also thin and delicate, as a crepe should be! It took us several tries, but I can confidently say:
We have been LOVING these crepes! You can serve them as a meal or as a dessert, depending on how you fill them. I have listed some of my favorite savory and sweet options for you below.
- Smoked salmon (lox), tomato, & cream cheese (dairy or vegan)
- Sautéed black bean, kale & artichoke
- Sautéed chicken, mushrooms & garlic
- Scrambled eggs, bacon & spinach
- Sliced turkey, avocado & hummus
- Grilled pesto chicken & asparagus
- Melted chocolate chips & sliced strawberries
- Hazelnut butter (or chocolate hazelnut butter) & sliced bananas
- Maple butter & mixed berries
- Sliced peaches (try grilling peaches!) & whipped cream
- Baked apples with maple syrup & cinnamon
We hope you enjoy! Please let us know what you create!
The Ultimate Crepe (GF & DF)
by Debbie Steinbock
1 egg, beaten
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup Milkadamia or other plant milk
¼ cup water
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1/8 tsp sea salt
½ cup Bobs Red Mill: GF one-to-one flour blend
1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, vanilla, plant milk, water, agave nectar and sea salt; add in the flour blend; then slowly add the melted coconut oil and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Using approximately 1/3 cup of batter for each crepe, add a scoop of batter to your crepe pan (I do not oil my pan).
- Immediately tilt and swirl the pan until the batter forms a circle and coats the pan evenly.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until you see bubbles forming; then flip (it should look golden brown) and cook on the other side.
- Repeat for all 3-4 crepes.