It has been almost 1.5 years since Mindful Pediatrics has made some significant changes, and since then, things have naturally evolved quite a bit.
I wanted to reach out and share with you what I have been up to, how the services at Mindful Pediatrics have evolved, and how I can continue to be part of your children’s and family’s healthcare team.
Mindful Pediatrics Provides Wellness Care
When we initially sent out the information about changes at Mindful Pediatrics, we encouraged families to find another primary care provider because we were no longer offering after-hours phone service, same day in-office sick/urgent appointments, and vaccine administration (things that I would consider to be primary care).
Despite these changes, many established Mindful Pediatrics families quickly realized that the new model would still work for them and they continued to do their regularly scheduled wellness visits with me.
We also received many inquiries from new families who felt that this present model was a great fit and therefore joined the practice as well.
This not only taught us what families seem to be the best fit for our care, but also allowed us to evolve the types of services we can offer.
Because we continue to receive so many inquiries from past patients as well as new families, I wanted to share what Wellness Visits currently look like at Mindful Pediatrics.
Personalized Wellness Care
For more than 17 years, the hallmark of care at Mindful Pediatrics is individualized and personalized holistic care. I see every patient myself and take the time to get to know each child and their family in depth.
Wellness visits generally last up to 40 minutes and include:
- Comprehensive health history
- Growth and development assessment
- Behavioral assessment and guidance
- Nutrition evaluation and advice
- Sleep discussion and plan
- Parenting questions and concerns
- Anticipatory guidance
- Personalized lab screening tests when appropriate
- Physical examination
- Open-minded personalized vaccine advice
- Forms, letters and referrals*
*As long as school, camp, activity forms, letters or referrals are completed during a visit there is no additional charge. If these need to be completed between visits, we do charge a small fee to account for our time.
Services Not Provided
As mentioned previously, there are only a few services that Mindful Pediatrics does not provide:
- After-hours phone services
- Same day in-office sick or urgent appointments (if the schedule permits, we can do a Telemedicine appointment for semi-urgent issues)
- Vaccine administration
Most of our patients will either have an additional primary care doctor that they use for these services, or they feel comfortable using Dispatch Health or the Children’s Hospital after-hours phone service and urgent care when needed.
I hope this helps clarify what Wellness Visits look like at Mindful Pediatrics. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail us or call the office at 303.318.412.
Additional Services Provided
Additionally, here are some of the other services Mindful Pediatrics offers:
- Consultations for new health concerns or conditions (of any severity)
- Guidance and coordination of care for complex or chronic medical conditions
- Providing integrative and holistic second opinions
- Creating a comprehensive supplement and natural health plan to support your child in wellness or illness
- Medication management (ADHD, depression, anxiety, thyroid…)
- Ordering and reviewing lab work
- Creating a personalized vaccine plan
- Guidance for sleep issues
- Evaluation of developmental concerns
- Support for parenting and behavioral issues
In short, I am here to be your partner and trusted medical doctor who can guide you through whatever feels important to you regarding your child’s health and development.
Please reach out by e-mail or by calling the office at 303.318.412 and let us know how we can best serve your family at this time.
I’m so happy you’re doing wellness appointments again! Thank you!